Sunday, March 3, 2013

She

She is the only one I see in a room.
She played so hard to get.
She accepted my life’s first offer.
She accepted me for what I was.
She took our time apart gracefully.
She put up with my childish military buddies.
She made the final inspection of my uniform.
She really looked forward to my time away training.
She was concerned with my special deployments.
She worried when I went off to war.
She waited for that letter.
She waited for the knock on the door that never came.
She waited patiently for my return.
She was the arms I needed to feel when I came home.
She agreed it was time to hang up my spurs.
She is my partner in business and in life..
She puts up with my childish veteran buddies.
She is there when the VA doctor give the news.
She is there to brush the gray hair from my eyes.
She is the last one I see before I close my eyes forever.
She makes the arrangements for my final good-bye.
She accepts the flag from a grateful nation.
She goes home to a lonely house.
She is the light of my life.
She is a military wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment