Sunday, March 3, 2013

Government, The Ultimate Fire Ant Colony

Living in the South has many benefits to the rest of the country but with all the benefits we have, we have just a few annoyances’ that most can agree with.  Nothing is more annoying than while chatting with friends, having fire ants invade your presence.  A few brushes of the hand and uttering undertone colorful adjectives, they are gone. After having to contend with fire ants for years, it has come to my conclusion that fire ants are not much different from our own government. The following is a true depiction of an actual event. Many of you will actually see the comparison but for those of you that think I have lost my mind, you would probably be part of the problem and that being the expansion of government.
  A few years ago, I killed a small rattle snake in the yard.  It had a beautiful shin and I had decided to make a taxidermy project out of the event.  My idea was to strip the skin from the snake and dry it, strip the meat from the bones, dry the bones and then assemble the bones and hide for a display.  My thought was to use fire ants to remove the meat from the bones and allow me the easy part of sun drying the bones for my project.  I laid the stripped carcass on the ground around a small fire ant mound and went about finishing my yard chores.  After several hours, I went back to find that the ants had found their meal and it seemed the entire colony was on the carcass, so I went back to work on the yard.  Before the day was ended, I returned to the project and had found the ants had covered the carcass with grass clippings to hide their prize from other predators, I found that amazing.  The next afternoon, I again returned to the project to find there were no ants around the grass clippings, so I removed some of the grass clippings only to find nothing, so I removed the rest of the clippings to find nothing at all.  The colony had not only removed the meat from the bones but they removed everything.  My project would not happen and I was rather annoyed that the ants had made my project fail.
  It has been many years since that event actually happened but since I involve myself with trying to control the growth of government and fighting government control, I come to the conclusion; government is the ultimate fire ant colony!  Keeping the fore mentioned events in mind; this is how I come to that conclusion.
  I had a project that I assumed needed government assistance.  Because I could not clearly communicate to the government what it was that I needed, I merely assumed government would be able to assist me.  Like typical government, they covered up the project to remove any outside sources from influencing the project.  They put more personnel than necessary on the project and left nothing to question as to what the intent of the project was, and that was to feed government.  The end result of the project was typical of what I normally receive from my interaction with government. There was never intent to provide service; it was an action to do nothing more than to expand government.  The colony, like government, is self serving and self protecting.  The goal is to expand government, (colony), and left uncontrolled, will leave an area uninhabitable and unless you pay attention to where the colonies have control, government will, out of the blue, bite and sting you for no other reason than to point out that they are in control.   My suggestion is we control the growth of government, (colonies), never assume government is here to help us, never volunteer to feed government and make sure to communicate your intentions before entering into a relationship with government. 
  So you see, government is the ultimate fire ant colony; how has it taken so much control of our lives?  Just one piece at a time, just like fire ants on a snake.  

No comments:

Post a Comment